GROWTH-PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Committee Activities (most recent first):
The Growth-Professional Development Committee
has produced five webinars for evacuated Volunteers from the Dominican Republic and our members since June of 2018. These webinars were:
- On September 16, 2020, a webinar on FDR's Covid19 Humanitarian Response in Cooperation with Four NGO's Working in the Dominican Republic: https://youtu.be/DkULCtvRGJoOn
- On July 1, 2020, a webinar on working for a small, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). You can view this webinar at: https://youtu.be/4uO9i-zW0gc
- On June 25, 2020, a webinar on working for a large Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). You can view this webinar at: https://youtu.be/ttgHvnOykEA
- On April 9, 2020, a webinar on Applying to Work for the Federal Government using Using Noncompetitive Eligibility (NCE) for RPCVs. You can view this webinar at: https://youtu.be/yjz2Qr193R4
- On June 18, 2019, a webinar on Applying to Graduate School. You can view this webinar at: https://youtu.be/Vy_UcHWQN64
For information on about upcoming webinars, watch the FDR Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/138204071776
In addition, the Growth-Professional Development Committee is re-establishing a Mentoring Program
for evacuated DR-RPCVs to help them get re-established in a new career in the US. If you are interested in becoming a Mentor or working with a mentor, please send an email to: email@example.com
In March of 2020
, the Committee requested updated information from the respondents to the 2018 survey and asked them to provide additional information about their professional needs.
In March of 2018
, the Committee conducted a survey of FDR members regarding their needs in the areas of graduate school attendance and professional development and then developed a Professional Directory of DR-RPCVs for networking purposes.
To receive notices about current and future activities of the Growth and Professional Development Committee, please send an email with your contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Goals of the Growth and Professional Development Committee:
The Growth and Professional Development Committee has two primary goals: 1) to ensure a vibrant, diverse, committed and sustainable organization and board of directors, and 2) to provide Dominican Republic Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (DR-RPCVs) with opportunities for professional growth, development, and networking.